No matter where I’m going to workout, I’m somehow always layered. I love layering! I always have an easy-to-throw-on sweatshirt or tee over a workout tank, even in the summer. I also love layering because I usually have somewhere to be right after class and this allows for quick transitions between workout to day or evening wear.
Here is what I am wearing and listening to right now during my two favorite workouts:
TO THE BARRE:
1. The Modern Classic from Gwenyth~ I have one in every color! It is the perfect top to wear to Barre and really everywhere. I love the ballet style and adjustable fit. I love how I can tie the sides up while I am teaching and then pull the sides down post class and pair with a sweater or cardigan to meet friends for coffee or run errands. It’s effortless!
2. Firedaughter Clothing’s off-the-shoulder Big Huge Heart Sweatshirt~ Anything off-the-shoulder is my favorite and Firedaughter has definitely perfected the off-the-shoulder look. I have a collection of these types of inspirational tees and sweatshirts… and this is the perfect layer!
3. The perfect leggings~ For Barre, I’m usually wearing either the Splits Tendu grip tights or the Nova Capri legging from Splits59. I love the Tendu grip tights because of the grips on the bottom of the feet that work perfectly for helping hold that stretch at the Barre which means you don’t have to wear Barre socks. I also love the Nova Capri because they have the best fit of any legging I own.
4. Nike Wedge sneakers~ I am so thankful for the wedge sneaker! I am obsessed! It is the perfect fit-fashion invention. Throw these on with your workout outfit and immediately you can carry your workout look through the rest of the day. I always feel like I look better with a little height and they’re perfect to wear to a Barre workout because you actually do the workout in socks or barefoot.
5. Take your Barre look to dinner with Daniela Corte’s off the shoulder Ballet Top. As I said, I love everything off the shoulder. I just bought this top. I can throw it on with my workout leggings and I’m all ready for post Barre class fun.
1. My prize possession. These were a limited edition item from Alexander Wang‘s Objects collection two years ago. They are 12 ounces of pure leather perfection!
2. The “Edgy” Legging~ I love these Daniela Corte Tracy Capri leggings in Python. They are the perfect legging for looking cool while you’re kicking butt.
3. The Ashby Tank and Loren Bra~ If you know me, you know there is a 75% chance I’m wearing at least one item that’s Splits59 at all times. And for kickboxing, it’s often the Ashby tank. It fits perfectly and I find that in workouts where I am sweating more like boxing or spin, the Ashby doesn’t get uncomfortable.
4. Crane & Lion’s long sleeve tee. I love the fit of this and the tee has great ruching in the back for an even slimmer fit.
5. Divert Jacket by Koral Activewear~ Perfect to complete the look and easy to throw on over everything.
6. Liteweight sneakers~ For kickboxing, I like a very lightweight sneaker such as these Nike Free TR Breathe.
Nothing motivates me like great music. Here’s my latest playlist for music I’m playing in my Barre classes and listening to while I workout on Spotify.